Electric Cable Fault In A Kitchen

IMG_0071 (800x598)

Probably only of interest to Electricians is this. I found this a few days ago in a domestic kitchen while fixing a work surface lighting fault.  If you look closely at the flex (which fed the light fitting) there is a significant dent in the insulation that has caused damage. The “dent” was caused by a front plate screw on a Switched Fused Connection Unit being too long and carelessly assembled.

Interestingly in the same back box was the wire on the right being used as the CPC (earth wire) to the adjacent point.  Note the colour choices made by the installer because they must have run out green and yellow sleeving!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

To reduce SPAM please answer this question below. If required please use the circular arrow button to refresh the question : Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.