Almost A Fire In a Consumer Unit

Snapshot_20131127

The Domestic Electrical Regulations for Consumer Unit (Fuse Boxes) are changing in 2015 to include mandatory fire resistant Consumer Units for new installs. So I though it would be topical to post this image of a melted Miniature Circuit Breaker.  I discovered this one a while ago in a flat within sheltered housing  where a storage heater was reported as not working.  It was probably a loose connection that caused the problem resulting in overheating. The consequence was the adjacent MCB had melted as well, but luckily no fire.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

To reduce SPAM please answer this question below. If required please use the circular arrow button to refresh the question : Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.